Ladies Philoptochos Society
Philoptochos: Greek for "friend of the poor"
SMART LUNCH VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
PREPARATION: Monday, July 17
DELIVERY: Tuesday July 18
Punch List: Help either by purchasing items and get reimbursed, purchase items as a donation and or come at the designated times to help prepare. Any and all ways are appreciated. Contact email@example.com to volunteer. Thank you! ***Reminder: all receipts go to Nina H. for reimbursement unless you are making a donation.
- Purchase & Deliver- to church before 3:00 pm on 7/17. Identify contents and secure in cooler. Several people can contribute here. (Stacey Cramer cash donation)
- Meat (35 lbs of turkey or ham)
- Cheese (200 slices)
- Need cleaner w/bleach and clean kitchen for preparation, by no later than 3:30 p.m on 7/17. (Christina White, Stephanie Knisely, Kate McClain & will bring cleaner w/bleach)
- Need gloves, paper towels, wax paper by 3:30 p.m. on 7/17 (perhaps same volunteers as the cleaners or others) (Have towels, gloves, need wax paper)
- Need a folks to assemble meat and cheese bundles starting at 4:00 p.m. on 7/17 (Christina White, Stephanie Knisely, Kate McClain)
- Need by no later than 5:30 p.m. on 7/17. Several people can contribute to the food items below (Christina W, Michael W, Stephanie K, Ken L, Sarah J, Pr. Christine & Tina Paninos, need 2 more)
- 20 loaves (10 sandwiches/loaf) whole wheat bread (keep bread bag for bagged sandwiches) Karen Kimbaris (20 loaves)
- Salty snacks (avoid nuts). Perhaps, cheese it, chips, (200 small snack bags) (Stephanie Knisely)
- Fruit cups (200)
- 100% fruit juice or small water (200): Sarah Jones (104); need 100 more.
- Zip lock bags (not fold over type) (200), twist ties (20+) Stephanie Knisely
- Cardboard boxes for sandwiches (flat) and separate ones for lunch bags (larger) (Kate McClain)
- Need to purchase paper sandwich bags (200): Stephanie Knisely (200)
- Deliver sandwiches between 9:30 and 10:30 to: Milledge Baptist Church, 1690 Milledge Avenue Athens 30606. (Christina White, Stephanie Knisely, Elton Manzione) We are good heere...no more volunteers needed to deliver.
St. Philothea Chapter #5043
2nd Vice President:
Pr. Christine Salzman
Advisor & Past President:
The Greek Orthodox Ladies Philoptochos Society, Inc. is the philanthropic arm of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America that has offered 85 years of philanthropy through a multitude of programs that make a difference in the lives of people in the United States and throughout the world. The Society was established in November 1931, by the late Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras I, who was then serving as Archbishop of North and South America.
Philoptochos fulfills its mission to “help the poor, the destitute, the hungry, the aged, the sick, the unemployed, the orphaned, the imprisoned, the widowed, those with disabilities and the victims of disasters through its National and Metropolis Boards and its 26,000 members and more than 400 active chapters, nationwide. Philoptochos responds immediately to needs and crises and its philanthropic outreach extends to each area of the country and throughout the world. In 2015, National Philoptochos distributed $1.74 million in philanthropic aid.