Please see the Coffee Hour spreadsheet for the hosting schedule
COFFEE HOUR HOST DUTIES—revised 2021
The return of Coffee Hour has been authorized by the Metropolis, however some important COVID rules must be followed:
- Coffee Hour may resume with people following physical distancing guidelines.
- Masks are to be worn, except while eating or drinking.
- Any food is to be served by designated individuals who are wearing gloves and masks.
- Buffets are discouraged, except in instances where the food is distributed by designated servers in proper safety attire (gloves and masks), and where the food lines allow for proper social distancing. We suggest all food be individually wrapped to assist with meeting this requirement.
- Coffee Hour responsibilities will be managed by online sign up sheet HERE.
- You can see who has signed up for Coffee Hour HERE.
- If something comes up unexpectedly and you need to cancel your hosting date please contact LEEANN LoCICERO (678) 316-8461 so that schedule corrections can be made.
- Church will provide coffee, sugar, powdered creamer and cups, stirrers (and plates if necessary.) Host will provide snack and cold beverages and labor. Below are some guidelines.
As Coffee Hour Host you will be responsible for the following:
- Arrive at 9:30 am to set up, then plan to stay until clean-up is all done.
- Because of the amount of time it takes to brew a whole banquet sized urn of coffee, start the coffee immediately upon arrival. Instructions are available in the coffee cabinet.
- Set up the serving tables, tablecloths, coffee supplies, paper goods and snacks.
- Monitor the Tables – Wear gloves while serving and keep table tidy.
- Clean up
- Wash platters, coffee urn, utensils and other equipment and help put things away.
- Clear and wipe down the tables.
- Sweep up.
- Take out the trash.
- The OCF students or Presvytera will wash the ceramic coffee mugs.
- Leave the tables “dressed” with the floor length table cloths and clear plastic cover.
- Hall Rental Readiness – we want to leave the hall clean and tidy because Barb shows it to prospective renters during the week.
IMPORTANT Information about snacks --- “KISS” – keep is simple (and economical). We want the hosting duty to be manageable for everyone, therefore a simple snack to enjoy with a cup of coffee is best. While all offerings are welcome and blessed, the "simple offering" keeps expectations balanced and ensures that participation of everyone.
- There may be a few boxes of desserts from the local supermarket available to supplement what you bring. You may need to individually wrap such items if available.
- Cookies are the perfect snack offering. *Lenten cookies include: Oreos, Fig Newtons, Vanilla or Chocolate Sugar Wafers. All items should be individually wrapped when serving.
- Optional: Fruit (i.e. bananas cut in half or grape clusters) and gluten-free selections. Individually wrapped.
- Cakes or foods that need plates and forks should not be served.
- Chips and pretzels, even if individually wrapped, should not be served as they can be especially messy with the little ones.
- Bring a cold option such as milk, juice, powdered drink mixes. You will have to individually pour and serve these beverages. An alternative option for the children could be juice boxes or milk in individual cartons or bottles. *Please remember to take any remaining beverages home when you leave.
- Half-n-half or flavored creamers and herbal teas are optional.
LABOR---“Share the Care” --- Your time offered to set-up, monitor the tables, serve and clean-up is very important!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SERVING THE CHURCH AND EACH OTHER!
To check your hosting date, please see the Coffee Hour schedule.